Saturday, October 27, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal- October 27th, 2012

In my life this week…

Looking forward to a somewhat slow, easy week coming up.  No, we do not have the week off, but soccer has ended and so there is no where we have to go this week.  Really looking forward to family time!

In our homeschool this week…

Okay, so you know how last week I posted that we had just completed a unit study on Fire Prevention and I was looking forward to getting back into a normal schedule.  Well....that didn't happen so easily this week with me or the kids.  It went well and okay I guess but we definitely need one more week to get back to the grind and swing of things.

We did have a pretty great time making a bird feeder though, and have really enjoyed watching the birds from our carport.  So many different varieties of beautiful creatures God made.
 
We also got a class pet this week.  We now are the proud owners of a Black Moor Goldfish! (give us a break, it's the only pet I can handle right now)  The kids are loving it and it is helping teach them diligence (our character study for last week).
 


I am praying for…

my family.  There is a lot going on right now with my side of the family.  Health issues, dealing with loss, etc so they are greatly on my heart and in my prayers right now and always.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We will be doing some trunk or treat this week for sure and going to go visit with my wonderful grandfather for a bit.

My favorite thing this week was…

seeing God show me exactly what I needed in His word for a devotion I am preparing for.

I’m making…

some crocheted dish clothes and blankets for Christmas presents!  And hopefully finishing my oldest daughter's hat sometime soon!

I’m grateful for...

my children.  They are definitely God's gift to me.  I ran into an old high school friend tonight and she asked how many kids I had and when I told her 4, her reply was "oh I'm sorry".  I was so shocked!  My children are a HUGE blessing to me and have made me who I am today through God working through them. I love each and every one.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

We also visited the duckpond this week and this is how our little 21month old left.  No shirt and dirty pants!  Yeah, she about fell in the pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment