Saturday, October 13, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal- October 12

In my life this week…

I went from feeling wonderful and full of energy, to almost getting sick and then to complete exhaustion this week.  Fun, huh?  
I had a meeting with my wonderful fellow mentors in YoungLives this week.  Love those ladies.  They encourage, challenge and make me laugh all in one!  Always look forward to those meetings.
To find out more about this amazing ministry, check out this page here.

In our homeschool this week…

This week was a lot of catching up on what we had missed last week.  My wonderful dear grandfather passed away last week and I just couldn't focus on much of anything for much of the week so some things had to be postponed til this week.

We have been learning about the Early U.S., and pilgrims and Indians and all that fun stuff.  We also have been learning more about birds this week in our Flying Animals of the 5th Day study.  We spoke of what a bird call and song is and what it means.

I am inspired by…

my grandfather, and what an amazing man he was.  I miss him so much.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

I am thinking of doing more of a study on Fire Prevention this next week.  I know I'm a week late but who cares.  So I am thinking of taking the kids to the Fire Department at some point this next week.
We will also be going to our local Pumpkin Festival this coming Saturday with a bunch of awesome YoungLives girls!  So excited for that .

My favorite thing this week was…

Our study on tepees and when we made our own model tepees.

Oh and when Layla AND Marshall read 3 sentences to me!

What’s not working for us…

LIBBY, our baby!  Nah, just kinding.  She is working great for us, I just need to find some more things to keep her entertained during my time with the others.

I’m cooking…

Not much cooking went on in my house this week.  Kinda one of those blah weeks where I just didn't feel like cooking, so hubby cooked a lot more than usual.

I’m grateful for....

a child's forgiveness and how quickly they are to forgive.  Shouldn't we all be that way?

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

This video is Libby doing the motions we made up to go with Psalm 119:11.  She learned this all on her own just by watching us.  I thought it was just too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment