Saturday, October 20, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal October 20, 2012

In my life this week…

This week was interesting and busy.  From soccer practices, games, ordering trophies and getting pictures for 2 soccer teams, plus throw a dentist appointment in there, it was an interesting one.  My husband was also gone for work one night this week, so it was a very busy week to say the least.

In our homeschool this week…

We changed things up a bit this week and did a whole week devoted to a unit study.  We had our own Fire Prevention Week and we learned all about firefighters, robots, the history of firefighters, and even some Firefighter Math.  I really kind of enjoyed it but I am ready to get back to my regular routine and schedule.
 

I am inspired by…

this new website I found and this new way (well to us new) of eating.  WHOLE FOODS.  The website I found is 100 Days of Real Food.  I am exciting about maybe trying this, it will have to be in baby steps though.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This coming week, not much planned so far.  This is the last week of soccer, so that should be fun.  We will have our end of the session soccer parties next weekend.

My favorite thing this week was…

watching my kids painting their fire truck.  They take such joy in tactile learning.

I’m cooking…

Right now I am cooking some homemade Cinnamon Rolls and Crockpot Breakfast Casserole for my Sunday School class in the morning.

I’m grateful for...

my husband.  I say this often, but I am VERY thankful for him.  He isn't perfect but he is there for me when no one else probably would be.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

"Joy, it comes in the mother who doesn’t think twice to do the unthinkable, to do the unlikely, the unlovely, the unheard of — who lives the Gospel. "- Ann Voskamp

No comments:

Post a Comment